You can earn up to $7500.00 in wage subsidy per student!
May 27, 2021 Special Update:
Special measures have been implemented until April 2022 in an effort to provide additional supports to businesses and students during the pandemic;
- At a later date this summer - the subsidy will increase to 75% coverage (maximum $7500) per student for all students and applications which were already approved may receive a top-up
- Effective immediately - the Net New requirement is no longer an eligibility factor
- Effective immediately - post-secondary institutions may receive funding as employers
Students are an ideal source of people-power for short-term projects. Employing work term students is an effective recruiting tool, and supports the development of skills in the next generation of Canada’s workforce.
An eligible employer must be willing to employ a student in a tech-immersive role. Tech and non-tech focused organizations are encouraged to apply.
Employer Eligibility Assessment
- You are a registered Canadian business or organization
- You are not a federal, provincial or municipal government group or a large financial sector employer
- You have the financial capacity to hire a student for a part of full time work term, pay them consistently and provide a meaningful work experience
Student Eligibility Assessment
- Either a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Must be a currently enrolled student in a post-secondary institution program
- The student must not be an international student with a work permit
- The student must not be an immediate family member of the employer
Ready to Apply?
Before you start your online application, you will need the following:
- A student to apply with
- A job description
- Salary information
- Historical information on the amount of students that have been employed by your company or department in recent years
- An approximate number of students your company might or intend to hire over the next year
Students will need the following information before starting their application:
- Proof of registration in a Canadian post-secondary institution (unofficial transcript is suffice)
- Proof of citizenship or residency (birth certificate, passport, permanent residency card, etc.)
- An updated resume
Visit our website resources for our FAQ, toolkits and program guides.
For more information contact us: email@example.com
This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program